Thursday, November 17, 2016

Good Morning from Times Square

Good morning readers!

This time I'm switching things up a bit. I usually send these things out well after 12 PM and usually from a location somewhere in Virginia. This morning, I'm writing from the Gallivant at Times Square!

I've always wanted to make it to the Big Apple, and this trip has been amazing. I've been working since I got into the City yesterday afternoon until 8 last night at the New York AREA Member Reception, which was a fantastic moment to meet many of our board members, a few of whom I've written for. And after getting back to the Gallivant, I met up for drinks and dinner at the Bea with my darling friend Kaitlynn (who's lived here for five years and still agreed to take selfies with me at Times Square).



I always anticipated that New York would be overwhelming for a girl who grew up in Staunton, but there's something almost familiar about it. The energy and the "sea of humanity" (that's lodged in my brain after watching The Great Gatsby on Sunday) is something you adapt to very quickly. Keep moving, don't make eye contact, act like you know where you're going and people don't bother you. It's really no different than DC, except higher buildings and more lights.



I wish I could stay longer and explore more, but I have more work at the office and will be leaving early afternoon. But hopefully it won't be long till I'm back in the City!

Cheers,
Victoria

P.S. Shoutout to my wonderful boyfriend on his 21st birthday! Despite these crazy 36 hours, I can't wait to celebrate with him this weekend - watch my Instagram for pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment