Friday, June 24, 2016

My Life in Ten Years

I'm not very good at setting future goals for myself.

That's not to say I don't make decisions with the future in mind - I do. In fact, the future is such a important factor that I tend to stress too much about it (rather the opposite effect than the one I'm after).

But after one of my fellow fashion writers tagged me in a post "Where do you see yourself in ten years?" I really started thinking about it, and realized that my answer would be way longer than the length of a FB comment.

So I'm writing out my answer here:

I hope I'll have overcome the struggles I'm dealing with now and have the strength to better overcome the challenges I face then.

I hope I'll be a woman my mum, dad and siblings can be proud of. 

I want to see myself writing, having the confidence to call myself a writer, and not putting off writing when it feels like the words won't come.

I want to travel the world, not just to check off a bucket list, but to experience different cultures, peoples and ways of life that will enrich my own and open my eyes.

I hope to take on every opportunity and experience I gave up because the pain was too great.

I want to love more deeply and fully, even if it means that love isn't returned.

I want to have a beautiful family with my best friend and partner in crime.

I want to keep learning, whether it be a skill, language, or career.

I hope to have found whatever purpose God put me on this earth for, or at the very least be much closer to it than I am today.

Above all, I want to be the best version of myself, and be able to inspire others that if this girl could pick herself up from the lowest point in her life and fulfill her dreams, so can they.

❤️ Victoria


No comments:

Post a Comment