Thursday, March 27, 2014

Last Friday Night

It's late, past midnight.

I can feel the rhythm pulsing through my veins. Gentle but compelling. My head is giddy but I follow the urge to move forward. It's been forever since I've actually danced, really danced. For a moment I wonder if my body can match what my heart is dying to do. Simple steps at first: a tentative step forward, reaching out into infinity. Then the music sweeps me up into a whirlwind and I can't stop.

I can't describe the motion, but imagine flying: you stretch out your arms and the air lifts you upward. Spinning effortlessly until you should collapse but somehow keep going, breathless and exhilarated at once. And your head is filled with unearthly music and the voice of an angel too perfect to belong to this world.

It's a weird sensation of being present in and outside my body: being present in the moment and observing from afar. I stretch my limbs to limits they haven't experienced in almost a year. They move in a motion as foreign to my brain as the words...I am nymph, dryad and goddess. Divine. Superhuman. Nothing can tear me down.

http://player.vimeo.com/video/92504197?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0

No comments:

Post a Comment