Monday, October 12, 2015

October Weather and Fall Adventures

Hello readers!

So, I've been a little tied up lately. My internship with Deux Hommes ended with a four-article-deadline last Wednesday which left me exhausted for the next several days. But here it is October already, and I have yet to enjoy the standard fall things like hiking, apple picking and sipping Pumpkin Spice Lattes while exploring the downtown. (Actually I have had a PSL, though not downtown, and discovered that a chai latte with shot of pumpkin is even spicier and therefore, better.)

I love October. I love the colors, the chilly temperatures and the way everything looks before day light savings time ruins all our lives (seriously, someone should have figured this out already). I love how I have this whole beautiful month to reconcile with turning another year older because it's impossible for anyone not to feel like a child again when one of those breezes tosses the fallen leaves into a Disney-worthy whirlwind. Or not to feel awe-inspired when driving through the mountains and catch a glimpse of color-touched hills in the distance.

Beautiful Autumn bend.:

For me, the best thing about October is wanderlust. I experience chronic wanderlust all the time, but it's heightened in the fall. Maybe it's the unquestionable beauty of autumn that makes me want to just pack my bags and head off on an adventure. I'm not sure, but October makes me want to turn on a U2 soundtrack, featuring their song October, and drive across the country.



Which I'm planning on doing. Not right this minute, but I've always wanted to do a road trip from the East Coast to the Pacific, and now that I've roped a few friends into doing this with me I've started planning out a rough map based on different sites I want to see with my own eyes:

Chicago, IL

The best skyline I've personally seen so far & one of my favorite cities in the world - Chicago.:

 To meet up with my bestie :) and to experience some fun night life

Omaha, NE

Omaha Omaha Omaha. My setting for the books... This is downtown where Kiran's loft would be and the Immortal Club!:

My boyfriend and I have joked so much about going that we can't not go at this point.

Yellow Stone National Park, MT

Yellowstone.  One of my fondest family vacation memories growing up (even though I wanted to strangle every one of my siblings on the trip).:

It's not all geysers apparently...

Glacier National Park, MT

 Cascades, Glacier National Park, Montana - Tips for visiting Glacier National Park:

Because how can you not?

Pacific Coast Highway, OR

Time for a road trip. Coast Highway, Oregon (2012):

The most beautiful first glimpse of the Pacific.

San Francisco, CA

Baker Beach, located south of Golden Gate Point, in San Francisco, is the perfect mix of sand, sea spray, and, of course, frequent fog.:

To satisfy my longtime fascination and terror of Hitchcock's Vertigo. Giant sequoias are also mandatory.

Joshua Tree National Park, CA

Joshua Tree National Park, California- Miss this beautiful place!

Because U2 WAS HERE!!! And turn up the volume to blast The Joshua Tree while looking at this gorgeous landscape.

Any place I missed? Comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment